Maal elamise päev – Day of Countryside Living – is an all-Estonian initiative which aims to attract more entrepreneurial and enthusiastic people to the Estonian countryside.
In this occasion the doors of Tartu Observatory are opened 11AM-4PM.
- 1 PM: the concert of the observatory band
- Guided tours in the big telescope tower and Stellarium
- Orienteering game in the surroundings of the observatory
- Crafting paper satellites and space probes
Our Stellarium offers a chance to:
- use our Solar System model to find out how seasons and night and day change on Earth, and how solar and lunar eclipses occur;
- see a model of a canyon on Mars and get to know the globe of Mars;
- take a look at some of the computing devices that have been used by researchers in Tõravere;
- use the Orion model to find out how constellations appear in the Celestial Sphere;
- see the virtual planetarium programme Starry Night to find out, which stars and constellation are visible in Estonia at that moment, what the night sky looks like in different parts of the world, and investigate planets, nebulas, and galaxies up close.
The event is free!
See you in the countryside!