Ernst Julius Öpik scholarship statute
The statute is approved by the Director of Tartu Observatory University of Tartu on August 30th 2018.
- The scholarship is appointed to astronomy student for his/her achievements while studying.
- The scholarship is appointed based on the academic performance and participation in research.
- Tartu Observatory informs public about the possibility of applying for E. J. Öpik scholarship on the webpage of Tartu Observatory University of Tartu.
- To apply for the scholarship the application, reference letter, as well as documents confirming applicants’ academic performance and research work must be submitted to Tartu Observatory by September 15th via e-mail kosmos [ät] ut.ee.
- The Council forms the Scholarship Commission, involving, if necessary, experts in the field.
- The Commission shall submit to the Council a reasoned opinion on the candidates and propose a scholarship.
- Council of Tartu Observatory University of Tartu may ask applicants to give a short presentation on his/her activities and works at the meeting of Council of Tartu Observatory in October. The recipient of the scholarship is determined at the same meeting.
- The scholarship is paid once from the budget of Tartu Observatory and its value is determined every year by the Council.
- Tartu Observatory University of Tartu informs the recipient of the scholarship to the public on its website and issues a diploma certifying the receipt of scholarship at the October Council meeting.