The aim of this workshop is to present the project outcomes in a dialog form. The deliverables presented will be updated after the workshop according to the feedback received from the community. Therefore input from all the participants is extremely welcome!
Fiducial Reference Measurements (FRM) are a suite of independent, fully characterised, and metrologically traceable ground measurements that follow the guidelines outlined by the Quality Assurance Framework for Earth Observation (QA4EO) of the Committee on Earth Observation Satellites (CEOS). These FRM provide the maximum return on investment for Copernicus satellite missions by delivering, to users, the required confidence in data products as independent validation results and associated uncertainties on both ground-based and satellite measurements over the entire duration of a mission. In 2016 – 2019, European Space Agency funded the first phase of the FRM4SOC (Fiducial Reference Measurements for Satellite Ocean Colour) project to improve ocean colour validation through a series of proof-of-concept tasks. The FRM4SOC Phase 2 - funded by the European Commission - was launched by EUMETSAT in April 2021 to consolidate what was achieved during phase-1 and provide clear guidelines and tools for the ocean colour community to ensure the FRM quality of measurement results.
The main topics to be discussed are:
- A network of FRM tools and instruments – FRMOCnet;
- Calibration and characterisation guidelines for Ocean Colour radiometers;
- In-situ measurement procedures/protocols;
- Community processor for in situ data processing and uncertainty budget calculation;
- Guidelines for uncertainty calculation; · Ocean Colour in-situ Database (OCDB) http://ocdb.eumetsat.int
- Results from the laboratory calibration and field (AAOT) comparisons;
- Requirements for FRM compliant ocean colour radiometers.
Consortium partners and project-related experts will attend physically.
You are invited to join either physically or online.
No registration fees will be charged.
Registration is open now. Please be aware that if more people register for on location participation than the current room capacity (with covid restrictions) enables, project partners and early registered have the priority. No registration fees will be charged.